Monday, March 8, 2010

THESE CUPCAKES HIT THE SWEET SPOT

Spot
13 St. Mark's Pl, East Village

This hidden café on St.Mark’s Place is very welcoming once you "spot" it. There are lots of yummy looking Japanese desserts on display. During my first visit, I chose the Vanilla Caramel Viatnamese Coffee cupcake. The coffee flavor was too domineering. For $2.75, I was not impressed. I commend their original flavors but I am a basic vanilla/vanilla kind of girl. The second time, I decided to give the cupcakes another try. I had the vanilla coconut almond cupcake. The cake part tasted like an irresistible sponge cake. Very different from the other vanilla cupcakes I’ve tried. I’m not really a fan of coconut but you could hardly taste it in the cupcake (is this good or bad? I’m not sure). I also had a bite of my friend’s cupcake…a Mocha Molden Salt Caramel cupcakes. I could taste the mocha part but not so much the salt/caramel-which, again, was fine with me. This cupcake, unlike the Viatnamese Coffee Cupcake, didn’t have such a potent coffee flavor which made the cupcake all the more edible. All of the cupcakes are very visually appealing-almost all of them have a pretty design make out of edible luxuries. Next time, I may cheat on my cupcake s and have an ice cream sundae-they looked absolutely sinful.

Peace, love, and cupcakes
Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio